Sunday, October 7, 2012

Organic vs. Non-Organic- Baby Food

I found this very helpful website to show which fruits and veggies you should be purchasing in the organic version.

http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary/

Being a mom now of a 7mth old regularly eating solids, I find it important to feed him organic. I watched a new clip on a morning news session about baby food. They tested the most common brands, that weren't organic to see the level of pesticides in it. Many had at least five different types of pesticides. And from what I know that is bug poison. Uhhh...... I don't really want my little boy eating poison. So, even if it isn't "healthier," its something I feel convicted to do "right". Im gonna start making my own baby food in about a month when we get moved out of our in-laws and into our own home. Until then, I will continue to feed him Organic Plum, Gerber and Happy Baby? Cant, remember the name, food. He also has a milk allergy but since adding SOY into his diet, he hasn't so far, shown an allergy to it. So that will give us much more options of what to eat, until I feel ready to try him on COW's milk. Excited to store up some recipes to try. And hopefully wet my feet, for this next little guy to join our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment